Monday, May 30, 2011

OS BS?

May 28, 2011

I’ve got to be honest: I’m not losing any sleep over the fact that some Ohio State football players sold their trinkets.

What puzzled me was Ohio State’s contention that Coach Jim Tressel doesn’t get a written evaluation. I imagine, then, that the annual review goes something like this:

Before 2011:

Athletic Director Gene Smith: Well, Jim, the team is winning.

Coach Tressel: Yes, we are.

Gene Smith: Keep up the good work.

2011:

Gene Smith: Jim, it looks like we’re having problems with some compliance issues that you didn’t mention to us.

Coach Tressel: Yes, that’s true.

Gene Smith: We don’t have a written evaluation for you, so if you’ll just initial these newspaper articles that talk about the infractions, I’ll put them in the file next to your contract.

Coach Tressel: Will do.

Gene Smith: We’re still winning, though.

Coach Tressel: Yes, we are.

Gene Smith: Keep up the good work.



(May 30, 2011--Since I "aged" this before I posted it, I'm just a smidge too late. Coach Tressel resigned this morning.)

No comments: