Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Health Care Fraud

November 9, 2021

 

I don’t generally see insurance companies in the role of patsies, but in one particular instance, they are being snookered on a regular basis.

My doctor left the medical group where he practiced. Since my choices are, of course, limited by insurance, I decided to go to another doctor in the same practice; besides, when he wasn’t available, they’d send somebody else in to do my workups, so it’s not that much of a stretch.

Here’s the kicker, though. Even though all my medical information is available to the practice, they want to sign me up as a new patient, with new patient fees.


Ridiculous.

 

Yes, insurance pays for it. But I’d rather the companies put their collective foot down on this egregious money-grabbing scheme so that they could save their money to pay for medications that people actually need.

 

Why do insurance companies put up with this nonsense, and when will they crack down on this fraudulent practice?

 

 

No comments: