Friday, August 21, 2026

Maybe It Can Give Me Wardrobe Advice

 

August 21, 2026

 

We’re getting a new washer. The old one would have cost a bundle to repair, so we went with new.

 

It turns out that the new one has some sort of AI feature that can tell what your clothes need in the way of rinsing, spinning, etc. I thought that previous models had sensors that could do the same thing, but technology marches on.

 

So, now I’m wondering what else the AI will do. Will it somehow be able to tell the makeup of my wardrobe? “Let’s see—Walmart, Loft, Penney’s, Macy’s…” Will it arrange to have some other AI entity let me know when things that I normally buy are on sale? Maybe send me flyers or send messages to my inbox?

 

Maybe it can even tailor the sales advice to cover only items that would look good on me. “Nope, don’t tell her about that. But make sure she knows about this one.”

 

The possibilities are intriguing.

 

No comments: