Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Goofy TV habits

1. Do the members of Stargate's SG-1 team wear tiny earplugs? They're constantly shooting in enclosed spaces, such as Stargate Command and Go'auld ships, yet they never go deaf.

2. After spending an entire episode of Medium (2005-2006 season) talking about how selfish Allison was, the next episode showed her still reaching across her sleeping husband to make phone calls in the middle of the night.

Did they ever figure out that she and Joe should either switch sides of the bed or move the phone?

3. Do TV producers realize that nobody can remember cliffhangers from one season to the next? Heck, I can't even remember the scenario from one EPISODE to the next, let alone take the summer off. I'd like to see a show actually complete a storyline at the end of a season. (THANK YOU, "HEROES!") 'Cause I ain't holdin' my breath, I assure you. All I do is get aggravated at the producers and writers for being so lame.

4. Speaking of "Heroes", since Hiro Nakamura is so fascinated by "Star Trek", did he ever notice that his father (George Takei) bears an uncanny resemblance to Mr. Sulu (George Takei)?

5. By the way, the soundtrack scattered through the shows is getting old, too. It was OK for one show, though it was best when they had one song at the end. Now it's passe, and as annoying as the widespread cliffhanger phenomenon.


More TV


March 2, 2010

Just finished watching the season 1 finale of "Men of a Certain Age." I love this show. I hope that they don't goof up Season 2.

2 great shows, "Northern Exposure" and "Chuck", goofed up their second seasons by putting in lots of sex scenes. I never did figure out why. Here you've got exquisite shows (OK, I admit it, I'm a sucker for a feel-good ending), perfectly crafted, and you go and mess them up by putting in sex scenes. What for?

So, "Men of a Certain Age", please don't fall into that trap. You're great, just the way you are.

No comments: