Monday, June 17, 2019

It's Not as Hard as You Think It Is



June 16, 2019


The guest pastor on Holy Trinity Sunday went to great lengths to try to explain the unexplainability of the Holy Trinity. He dismissed such analogies as a cube, and the states of water; although they seemed fine to me, he had a bone to pick with each one. He didn’t even mention the shamrock. (The way he went on, the only real explanation would be that God has multiple personalities. He never actually came out and said that, though.)

I always think it’s funny when pastors go on about how the Trinity is unexplainable; as if people are actually spending large amounts of time trying to make it work. As far as I can tell, people just accept it; so why do the pastors have to make such a production over it?



As I said to him after the service: I wouldn’t get too het up about trying to explain the Trinity. After all, if people will swallow the Virgin Birth, they’ll swallow anything.



No comments: