Thursday, July 18, 2019

If More Women Worked in Construction...



July 17, 2019


When I saw some construction workers outside in the heat yesterday, I thought of the office-temperature study, which says that biology is responsible for the fact that men usually are hotter than women.

So why, I wondered, are men typically the ones out in the heat doing the construction work?

I figure that construction work has typically been a man’s field because it’s associated with strength. I’ll bet that if women were out in the field, they’d figure out some lighter-weight but more durable materials that could be used in road and building construction. Then the men could stay in the air-conditioned offices, and the women would be outdoors where they wouldn’t have to freeze.

Let the research begin!


No comments: