Sunday, July 11, 2021

Enhance Your Employees' Joie de Vivre

 July 2, 2021


As I watch the people around me at work, I gotta say that, if I had that many bored people working for me, I would either cross-train them or offer them all flexible schedules. I don’t believe in keeping people chained to their desks; and I firmly believe in letting people socialize; but people seem to have an awful lot of time to kill.


It seems counter-productive to me.Why make them stay and be bored, thereby reducing their interest in the job, and their consequent enthusiasm, when they could be out enjoying life and getting re-energized? I know that I miss being able to go to the botanical garden, or the art museum, or places to take pictures; and my enthusiasm for life in general is down because of that. And when you're dragging, going to work and being bored isn't going to make you a better employee.


So, I hope that more employers jump on the flexible-schedule bandwagon. It would be nice to have employees who didn't see the job as a life-force draining burden.

No comments: