Thursday, September 10, 2015

Art Interpretation

September 3, 2015


I went to a sculpture park the other day. It was the least pressing of my sightseeing choices, because it’s all steel sculptures that you need an explanation for: One piece of twisted metal “…demonstrates the delicate balance between order and chaos…”; a giant eyeball “…speaks to a commonality and addresses how we engage and perceive each other while asserting a prophetic, even omniscient presence…” Blah, blah, blah. So I hadn’t rushed to see it.

But then I got to thinking about all the hifalutin’ language used to describe those pieces of metal, and decided to give it a try. So I thought that perhaps someone could construct “A representation of how a seemingly trivial circumstance can grow to gigantic proportions in one’s mind, blotting out other considerations, to the exclusion of almost all else in life.”

I could call it “Hangnail”. Or “Paper Cut.”




No comments: