Friday, October 2, 2015

I've Got Friends In Odd Places



October 2, 2015

Today as I was checking out of the grocery store, the clerk was lusting after some cookies I’d bought, so I opened them and gave him one, and we tested them together. Neither of us liked them very much.

I said that they were intended to help me over a rough spot with packing to move. He said that when he moved he just left his bed, couch, etc. in the alley behind his apartment and started fresh. He said it was very freeing.

I would have been more inspired if I hadn’t suspected that he had moved back home to his parents’ house, with all furniture provided. But I didn’t mention that, and we parted friends even though, as he pointed out, we’ll probably never see each other again.


Even if we don’t, it’s always nice to make a connection.

No comments: