Thursday, October 8, 2015

What's Nice about St. Louis





October 8, 2015

OK, now I feel bad. In my last post (“Finding the Right Gimmick”) I mentioned that St. Louis has a LOT of shootings. But actually, there’s quite a bit nice about this area.

·         The Muny has fantastic musicals in the summer.
·         Most of the museums are free, along with the Zoo.
·         Nice parks. I’ve spent many happy hours in parks and museums since I got here.
·         The library system is a little short on books written prior to 1980 (which drives me crazy!), BUT: It offers free classes, movies, all kinds of activities for any age, and free online tutorials from the LYNDA system about any computer knowledge you could possibly need. I could find something to do at the library every day, from Yoga classes to cooking classes, with plenty of business help as well. In fact, I’m a St. Louis library junkie.

And that’s just the stuff I’ve done so far. Am still exploring, and still enjoying myself.



No comments: