Friday, March 31, 2017

How Badly Do You Want That Cookie?



March 30, 2017

According to Bloomberg News, Amazon is trying to convince General Mills and the makers of Oreos (among other companies) to bypass stores like Walmart and Target (I don’t know about other grocery chains) and move to online sales.

Amazon is also working on perfecting its one-hour delivery, so snack junkies wouldn’t have to wait too long for their fix.

I don’t think I’ve ever wanted a snack so badly that I’d order it online. They’re mostly impulse buys for me; if I don’t see them, I don’t think about them.

But a hardened Oreo-phile might think that having some delivered would be just the way to go.

I’m curious as to where the larger amount of snack sales would come from: People who have to see them to buy them, or people who just crave them.

Stay tuned.

No comments: