Friday, November 29, 2019

My Christmas Wish for Everyone


November 20, 2019


I hope that you enjoy the fun aspects of the season: Warm coffee shops with great smells and pretty decorations; Christmas lights making the winter gloom more cheery; singalongs; Christmas cookies and fudge; outdoor activities; the pervasive feeling of excitement that makes people a little happier, before the stress kicks in.

I hope you settle for giving and receiving small tokens of affection instead of stressing yourself out trying to find the Perfect Gift for everyone; I hope you don’t go broke trying to give your kids a Perfect Christmas.

I hope you accept the good wishes of strangers for what they are, instead of nitpicking about what words they used.

I HOPE that you open yourself up to the good feelings of the season, and leave the stress behind.


No comments: