Sunday, May 31, 2020

The World Opened Up When I Got Stuck Inside



May 31, 2020

Things I’ve gotten from the lockdown:

  • I’ve taken virtual guided walks through the botanical garden and the nature preserve, showing me trails I didn’t even know about.
  • I’ve gotten art lessons from the art museum, as they highlight a different piece from their collection every day.
  • I saw some very soothing views of the aquarium, and some fun ones.
  • I am now familiar with watching opera online. No more waiting for PBS to show it occasionally. 


And that’s without even trying. Some people I know are taking active steps to improve their minds and their outlooks during the lockdown.  I wish I were more like them.

Anyway…It’s amazing how much of the world opened up for me by being stuck inside. All I need now is a large swimming pool at my house, and I’m set.



No comments: