Thursday, February 4, 2021

Will Fewer Choices Lead to More or Less Stress?

January 30, 2021

 

I read that as shoppers browse less and order online more, grocery stores are stocking the most popular brands, leaving less popular items out in the cold. It’s a little disconcerting knowing that we may be forced into choices that we wouldn’t otherwise have made.

On the other hand, it may not be entirely bad news. In 2011 I mentioned that I got overwhelmed just in the green-bean aisle. I had to wade through fresh cut, French style, regular, no-salt…You couldn’t just grab a can of green beans, throw it in the cart and move on. Multiply that experience by every item on your list, and you can see that choices can really drive up the shopping time.

 

So, maybe limited choices are a good thing. As long as they’re the ones I like.

 

No comments: