Monday, April 12, 2021

What's the Prize for Poetry Called?

April 6, 2021

 

I was looking up through the tree branches this morning, and through the twigs and blossoms I could see some stars, and it was very pretty. I also heard REALLY loud traffic sounds, and wished they’d stop, so I could hear all the morning birdsong; but everything is intertwined. Then I thought, “That’s the kind of thing poets say!” So I added some spacing and called it a poem.

 

I see the stars shining through twigs and tree blossoms, and I think, “How pretty!”

I hear loud traffic, and wish it were gone, so I could hear beautiful birdsong. 

But, for good or for bad, all life is intertwined. 


I also realized this morning that the horrible smell I’ve been encountering on my walks is from Bradford pear trees, which are very decorative, but also very stinky.

So, I thought that I could have added a line about Bradford pears looking so pretty and smelling so bad, but it might have been overkill.

So I made a separate poem for them:

Bradford pear

Looks so pretty

Smells so bad

 

And then at work I came up with:

         Badly-trained people

Are training me badly.

 

I guess I’m on a roll. It may not be great poetry, but it’s all from the heart.

 

  

No comments: