Wednesday, April 2, 2014

I'm Practicing What She Preaches



April 2, 2014



A few months ago I bought a book called The Penny Pinchers Club at the library’s used-book sale. (Naturally, the title appealed to me.) It’s a novel about a woman who has about 6 months to save $13,000 by cutting her budget. (This woman obviously lives pretty high on the hog.) So it’s full of good tips on how to slash your electric bill, get rid of the 5 TVs you don’t use, and cut down on the Gucci purchases; as well as tips like saving the plastic liners from cereal boxes to use as waxed paper or as lunch bags, and making your own home cleaning products instead of buying expensive store brands. (See? There’s something for everybody, even us everyday types.)  



The list price for this masterpiece on frugality was $33.95. I got it for a buck.



I hope the author would be pleased.




No comments: