Thursday, May 1, 2014

A Shameless Plug for "Sovereign Ground"



April 29, 2014

Hey, Everybody,



A friend of mine has written a book, and I’m plugging it here because I really enjoyed it. The book is Sovereign Ground by Hilarey Johnson.

I’m kind of a book snob, and not shy about skipping to the end or ditching a book altogether if I don’t think it's worth bothering with. Not only did I not skip to the end of this one, but I dreamed about it one night, and almost made myself late to work one morning by reading it.



It’s about a girl in a tough living situation who applies for a bussing job at a seedy club, and discovers that she can make better money dancing. It’s voluntary, and she’s actually making friends as well as money, so who’s it hurting, she says?



Unfortunately, things get sticky fairly soon. And one of the friends she makes keeps trying to point her toward Christianity, but she doesn't think that the mode of life he's recommending will pay the bills. (I like this girl's sense of humor, by the way.)

Sovereign Ground is available on Amazon. It's going to be available for free May 15 and 16 on Amazon Goodreads, so take a gander.

And buy lots of copies.



No comments: