Saturday, July 8, 2017

Rod Stewart Said It Best

July 8, 2017

My kid is going out into the big, wide world. So I’m feeling a little sentimental. So, Kid, this one, especially the last line, is for you. (Rod Stewart wrote this for his own kids.)


May the good Lord be with you down every road you roam.
And may sunshine and happiness surround you when you’re far from home.
And may you grow to be proud, dignified and true
And do unto others as you’d have done to you.
Be courageous and be brave
And in my heart you will remain
Forever young.

May good fortune be with you, may your guiding light be strong.
Build a stairway to heaven with a prince or a vagabond.
And may you never love in vain,
And in my heart you will remain
Forever young.

And when you finally fly away I’ll be hoping that I’ve served you well
With all the wisdom of a lifetime, no one can ever tell.
But whatever road you choose,
I’m right behind you, win or lose.



No comments: