Thursday, April 30, 2020

There's Always Next Year...Until There Isn't




April 30, 2020


“There’s always next year.” How often have we said that? Well, here are some things I’m glad I did for the first time last year, because so many of the events won’t be available this year. (In fact, I missed some things this year, because they closed prematurely, and I hadn’t gotten around to going.)

  • Went to visit friends I hadn’t seen in over 25 years.
  • Went to the opening parade of Chinese Culture Days at the botanical garden; in previous years I had missed it because of participating in Earth Day cleanups; but last year I decided, “This is the year.”
  • Went to the Mother’s Day art fair at Laumeier Sculpture Park
  • Went on a vacation to New York City (2nd time for that, but definitely good timing)
  • Went to Cahokia Mounds
  • Visited Grant’s Farm
  • Went to the Balloon Glow at Forest Park
  • Accepted an invitation from a guy to dance at an outdoor concert in the park
  • Asked a woman to dance at a concert later in the season
  • Rode the giant Ferris wheel at Union Station
  • Tried new restaurants
  • Went to the astronomy park
  • Went to an opera here in St. Louis
  • Saw the wreath display and the train display at the botanical garden


So, if you get a chance to do something, do it. Or you may have to wait a long time until your next chance.


No comments: