Wednesday, January 6, 2021

It's a Worthwhile Life

 January 3, 2021

 

The adorable movie “Soul” reminds you that, even if you’re not living your dream, creating fantastic artwork, discovering a cure for something, or molding young minds as a teacher, you’re still doing something to make the world a better place. 

My dreams are as high-flying as having my book published, and as mundane as being a sermon coach (and believe me, I think I could bring a LOT of good to the world by doing that).

What I actually do is write letters and emails (and this blog). I give my take on the events of the day to people who are stuck at home, and I make them laugh. I love hearing, “You really made my day.”

So, even if I can never give CEOs the benefit of my wisdom on how not to tank their businesses (although they REALLY need it), and even if I can’t stop pastors from lowering their church attendance by giving horrible sermons, I’ve got that to keep me going.

 

“You really made my day.”

 

That’ll do to go on with.

 


No comments: