Thursday, December 8, 2022

They DO Sound Better with an Accent!

December 8, 2022

 

British actor Tom Ellis commented, “…I found that if you speak with a British accent in America, you can say pretty much anything and get away with it.” I sort of proved it today. I saw that Roy Blunt gave a retirement speech calling for Bipartisanship in Congress. This is the guy who vowed to block any person that President Obama nominated to the Supreme Court, regardless of the person’s qualifications, voted against impeaching Trump and blocked (until he announced his retirement) all attempts at gun control. As far as I can tell, he voted that way on purely partisan grounds.

 

When I saw the picture and the headline I said, “You (noun). Then I said, “You (adjective, adjective noun).” The 2nd phrase accidentally came out sounding British, and Tom Ellis was right! The words do sound better that way!

 

 

No comments: