Thursday, February 14, 2019

Tele-Med, Anyone?



February 8, 2019

There was an article in today’s paper about how employers are trying to convince employees to use telemedicine via video, but employees are resistant. (I wonder if they don’t use the 1-800 Nurse system, either.)

I don’t know how it would work with taking blood pressure and temperature, and feeling those neck glands, but in all other respects, I’m thinking, “Sign me up!” No driving to the doctor when you’re sick, no waiting forever at the doctor’s office, and taking more time off work than you’d planned for…You still have a co-pay, but there are a lot of reasons that it’s more convenient than a traditional office visit.

February 14, 2019

Since I wrote this, someone I know has actually used it, and it worked well for him. If your health plan offers it, give it a try.

(Do check out those co-pays, though. Some people say that their co-pay is higher for the tele-med. Do your research.)




No comments: